Hey! My name is Jamie Brookes and I am a Media Studies student at West Hatch High School. I am very keen of Media and hope to continue discovering the every changing world surrounding it in university and later life. For my A2 course myself and two others, Faye Martin and Elliot Lee must create a music video and digi-pack for a band of our choice. On my blog I will be showing all the research and ideas I have come up with as well as the finished projects themselves and an evaluation summarising everything I have completed during the course. We also have a group blog, were group decisions, discussions and final ideas are kept.

Wednesday 1 December 2010

What I Have Learnt From The Lip Syncing Exercise

1) How did you feel about the editing program and learning how to use it? 

When I was creating my film opening sequence in AS Media Studies I used the software, iMovie '09. This year we decided to use Final Cut Express as it is a more advanced and effective piece of software that offers a wider range of effects. Before beginning the editing on our lip sync we decided to watch the tutorials offered on the Apple website. After watching these tutorials and reading through the instruction booklet we were given we felt confident with using the software. At first we imported the film from the camera into the canvas, cut the video into long shot, mid shot and close up shots and imported the music. We then put the music into the timeline and played with the shots to match the music. The finished music video can be seen below.

Overall I like using this new piece of software, I believe I have learnt sufficient skills to make an effective and exciting music video. 

2) What did you learn about making music videos from this exercise? 

The main thing I learnt from this exercise is how to properly lip sync the music track to the video. I have also learnt how to take and edit between effective shots. I have also been reminded of some of the codes and conventions that are involved in music videos and what camera angles can and can not been used. 

3) How will what you have learnt affect how you approach you proper production? 

I believe that if I had not first completed this exercise then I would not be able to create a very effective music video. I would have had to taken time to learn the software at the time of production and editing which would have affected the final outcome of the video. I have also learnt how to use effective camera shots which will help when I come to make and edit the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment