Hey! My name is Jamie Brookes and I am a Media Studies student at West Hatch High School. I am very keen of Media and hope to continue discovering the every changing world surrounding it in university and later life. For my A2 course myself and two others, Faye Martin and Elliot Lee must create a music video and digi-pack for a band of our choice. On my blog I will be showing all the research and ideas I have come up with as well as the finished projects themselves and an evaluation summarising everything I have completed during the course. We also have a group blog, were group decisions, discussions and final ideas are kept.

Friday 21 January 2011

Ideas For The Performance In The Music Video

Now that we have a rough idea of what will be in our narrative we decided to move on and decide what we will do for the performance side of the music video.

One thing we were all certain on was that we did not want the entire performance in one place or shot using only one particular shot.

We decided that we would film in three different locations:
  • On a large open field. This is code for freedom and getting away from reality as we learnt while watching Eminem and Rhianna's music video, Love the way you lie.
  • On some steps preferably outside. This will make the performance a lot more interesting because it would not all be shot with the singer standing.
  • In a studio, or stage of some sort with a black backdrop. This shows the more professional side of the performance. Also the black colour is code for sadness, misery, upset, coldness and emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment