Hey! My name is Jamie Brookes and I am a Media Studies student at West Hatch High School. I am very keen of Media and hope to continue discovering the every changing world surrounding it in university and later life. For my A2 course myself and two others, Faye Martin and Elliot Lee must create a music video and digi-pack for a band of our choice. On my blog I will be showing all the research and ideas I have come up with as well as the finished projects themselves and an evaluation summarising everything I have completed during the course. We also have a group blog, were group decisions, discussions and final ideas are kept.

Monday 7 March 2011

Postmodern Album Covers: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream And Will Cotton - Cotton Candy Sky

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream


Above is the album cover for Katy Perry's third studio album. Similar to the Bow Bow Wow's album there is only the main image, one convention of album covers. Katy Perry had said to a magazine that she wanted to only show the art of the album art and not have distractions like the titles and bar codes. The creator of this album artwork is Will Cotton, he is also one of the producers on of the music video 'California Gurls' by Katy Perry. This image is easily recognisable from the scene from the California Gurls music video. 

Will Cotton - Cotton Candy Sky


This is a painting created by Will Cotton. Katy Perry had seen this piece of art and wanted to have a similar piece for her album cover. As both the pieces of art are by the same artist it is not a mockery, the album cover is simply another piece, a celebration of the original piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment